Nisar should have resigned after Quetta Commission’s report, says Memon

Nisar, should, have, resigned, after, Quetta, Commission's, report, says, MemonAgency

Former Sindh information minister Sharjeel Inam Memon on Sunday hit back at Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan, suggesting that the minister should have resigned on ethical grounds following the Quetta Commission report.

Memon, while addressing a press conference in Karachi, alleged that Nisar often takes U-turns. He said that Nisar only knows ways to threaten the opposition.

Questioning the interior minister’s role, he said that Nisar showed over-efficiency in spot fixing case but showed leniency when it came to Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif and his family.

“Why didn’t he put the names of the prime minister and his family members on exit control list,” he asked.

The PPP leader said that Nisar should at least respect his post and work honestly, instead of making tall claims. “He does all what he should not,” said Memon.

He further said that Nisar goes missing for a week after every big incident of terrorism. “He [Nisar] thinks that Pakistan is his property and he can do whatever he wants but he is mistaken, we wont let this happen,” Memon said, adding that Pakistan could not be run like this.

Clarifying his position on cases against him, Memon said a case was filed against him in October 2016. He vowed that he will not take any stay and will face all cases against him.

He expressed firm faith in the judiciary and said that he returned to Pakistan to present himself before the courts and not to take charge of any department.

“Pakistan Peoples Party will contest all these baseless cases,” he maintained.

The former provincial minister recently ended his two-year-long self-imposed exile to return Pakistan, where he was arrested and released after a shot detention by by National Accountability Bureau (NAB) officials.

Memon is facing several charges of monetary misappropriation and corruption.

Last week, he was granted protective bail by the Islamabad High Court against Rs2 million surety bonds till April 5.

You must be logged in to post a comment Login