Missing Indian trainee commandos went home without permission

NEW DELHI (Yes News) – The Indian trainee commandos who went missing from a train while going for duty actually went home without seeking any permission from their officials.

Missing Indian trainee commandos went home without permission

Missing Indian trainee commandos went home without permission

The 59 commandoes belong to India’s elite jungle warfare unit and counter-Maoist squad Commando Battalion for Resolute Action (CoBRA).
They were on their way to Gaya in Bihar for their first posting.

 “It is a case of unauthorised absence from duty. We have initiated a court of inquiry into the incident…Disciplinary action will be taken against them as per rules,” said a senior CRPF official as quoted by Hindustan Times.

The force managed to get in touch with either the commandos or their families. “They have promised to return by Tuesday,” he added.

The CoBRA unit was formed by the the Central Reserve Police Force in 2009 to tackle Maoist insurgents who are active in several states including Bihar and Jharkhand.

The official said the 300-strong was scheduled to board the Sealdah Express from Jammu on Sunday.

“But due to inclement weather and road blockade these personnel were sent to Jammu four days early on Wednesday (February 1). Since they had reached Jammu early, the batch of around 300 commandos decided against waiting in Jammu and boarded the train for their respective destinations on Thursday,” the CRPF said in a statement as reported by the paper.

But once the train reached Mughalsarai in Uttar Pradesh on Friday, the 59 decided to de-board there.

“Their native places were nearby so they decided to visit their families on Saturday and Sunday before reporting for duty on February 7 in Gaya,” the official added.

Though a head constable was accompanying the commandos, they allegedly left for their homes without informing him.

“He reported the incident (to us) and since then we have been trying to get in touch with them. In many cases, their mobile phones were found switched off but we spoke to their families asking them to return,” said the official.

You must be logged in to post a comment Login