By; Asghar Ali Mubarak : February, 2, 2018
Islamabad, the 2ndFebruary, 2018: A meeting of the National Assembly Standing Committee on Rules of Procedure and Privileges was held today at 10:30a.m.in Committee Room No.2, Parliament House, Islamabad under the Chairmanship of Rana Muhamamd Qasim Noon, MNA.
2. The Committee prayed for the departed souls of Mir Hazar Khan Bijarani, Ex.MNA and his wife due to their sudden death.
3. The Committee welcomed Rana Muhammad Ishaq Khan, MNA for becoming new member of the Standing Committee on Rules of Procedure and Privileges.
4. On the amendment moved by Ms. Naeema Kishwar Khan, MNA in Rule 48 of the Rules of Procedure and Conduct of Business in the National Assembly, 2007, the Committee directed the Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs and the Ministry of Law and Justice to further go through the amendment and report to the Committee in its next meeting.
5. On the complaint of Ms. Shagufta Jumani and Sheikh Salahuddin, MNAs, regarding non giving the time of meeting by Chairman, NADRA, the Committee took suo-moto of the matter and decided to discuss it in the next meeting of the Committee.
6. The Committee directed the Secretary, Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs to suggest proposals for the Committee for making amendments in the Rules of Procedure and Conduct of Business in the National Assembly, 2007 on monthly basis.
7. The Committee also decided that in future, no such compromise would be made by the respondents and the Movers outside the Committee. All the decisions would be made by the Committee within the presence of all the concerned during the meeting.
8. The Committee disposed of the Questions of Privileges moved by Malik Abdul Ghaffar Dogar, Mr. Siraj Ahmed Khan, Mr. Amjid Ali Khan, Mian Imtiaz Ahmed, Mr. Abdul Majid Khan Khanankhail, MNAs.
9. On the Question of Privileges, raised by Mr. Ghalib Khan, Advocate and Mr. Muhammad Jamal Ul Din, MNAs against Mr. Zafar Ul Islam, Political Agent, South Waziristan, the Committee expressed its displeasure for irresponsible attitude of Mr. Zafar Ul Islam with the Hon. Members and said that this was the third Question of Privilege against Mr. Zafar Ul Islam. The Committee unanimously decided that the Chief Secretary, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KPK) should inquire into the matter as per Efficiency and Discipline (E&D) Rules by dis-continuing the MCMC training of Mr. Zafar Ul Islam in National Institute of Management (NIM), Peshawar and report to the Committee in its next meeting. However, the Committee pended the agenda till its next meeting.
10. On the Question of Privilege raised by Sheikh Salahuddin, MNA, the Committee directed the Inspector General of Police, Sindh to attend the next meeting of the Committee in person and submit the reply of all the questions raised by the Committee Members during the meeting within the presence of Mr. Sarwar Jamali, DIG (Admn), Sindh before the next meeting of the Committee.
11. On the Question of Privilege raised by Dr. Fehmida Mirza, MNA, the Committee expressed its displeasure on non-satisfactory reply given by the representative of Sindh Irrigation Department regarding non-availability of drinking water in Baddin, Sindh. The Committee directed that the Secretary, Irrigation Department, Sindh should attend the next meeting of the Committee in person and brief the Committee about the shortage of water in Sindh and particularly in Baddin. The Committee pended its discussion till its next meeting.
12. On the matter of medical facilities to the dependents/parents of Members of the National Assembly, the Committee directed the Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs to work on this matter and on the points raised by Ms. Shagufta Jumami, MNA, during the meeting. The Committee pended the amendment till its next meeting.
13. On the Question of Privilege raised by Mr. Sher Akbar Khan, MNA, the Secretary, Ministry of Energy and the concerned Project Director were directed to resolve the issues of the Hon. Mover and report to the Committee in its next meeting.
14. On the Question of Privilege raised by Mr. Ramesh Lal, MNA, the Committee was not satisfied with the reply given by Mr. Zahid, M.D (OGDCL) and directed him to establish a Cell under the supervision of any good officer for the facilitation of the Hon. Members of the Parliament. The Committee pended the Question of Privilege till its next meeting.
15. The Committee confirmed the minutes of its previous meeting held on 2-1-2018. However, on the request of Ms. Shagufta Jumani, MNA, the Committee unanimously decided to again discuss the amendment moved by Dr. Azra Fazal Pechuho, MNA regarding amendment in Rules 122 and 244 of the Rules of Procedure and Conduct of Business in the National Assembly, 2007. The compliance Report on the previous recommendations of the Committee was also seen by the Committee.
16. The meeting was attended by Rana Muhammad Ishaq Khan, Rana Umer Nazir Khan, Mr. Azhar Qayyum Nahra, Mr. Abdul Majid Khan Khanankhail, Sheikh Muhamamd Akram, Ms. Kiran Haider, Ms. Maiza Hameed, Ms. Shagufta Jumani, Mr.S.A.Iqbal Quadri, Mr. Muhammad Ali Rashid, Ms.Asiya Nasir,MNAs/Members. The meeting was also attended by Ms. Naeema Kishwar Khan, Mr. Siraj Muhammad Khan, Mr. Ghalib Khan Advocate, Mr. Amjid Ali Khan, Sheikh Salahuddin, Mr. Sher Akbar Khan, Mr. Muhammad Jamal Ul Din, Mr. Ramesh Lal, MNAs.